WPOV-lp 107.7fm The Vine
Statement Of Faith
Our Supreme Desire is to know Christ and be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- We believe worship of God should be:
- ...Spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- ...Inspirational. Therefore: We give a great place to music in our worship.
- ...Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped.
- We believe worship of God is Fruitful. Therefore: We look for His Love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshiping Him.
Why would a church want to own a radio station? We can imagine a number of reasons. Our primary reason for owning a radio station is to educate. Radio is the perfect medium to broadcast outstanding Bible and Christ-centered teaching. Through a vast lineup of quality and skilled pastors from around the country, we are able to achieve this goal. Our first priority, therefore, is to educate and equip the greater Body of Christ through this medium. A second priority is to encourage. We wish to encourage our listeners through inspirational songs of worship and praise. A third priority for owning a radio ministry is evangelism. We want our community to hear the good news of our Savior and to respond to His call to salvation.
Calvary Chapel Vineland has been an established church ministry in Vineland, NJ since 1988. In May of 2001, Calvary Chapel of Vineland applied for permission to build a Low-Power FM radio station with the FCC. The application process was stalled for various and unavoidable reasons, but, finally, and after overcoming the many hurdles, the dream to own and operate our own radio station became a reality. Our very own LPFM radio station went on the air on February 25th, 2007. We now reach thousands of homes and hearts in Cumberland County and beyond. With an outreach of this magnitude, we expect to have many battles with and much resistance from the enemies of the Cross. But, by God’s grace, we look forward to what blessings the future of WPOV may hold. We ask that you please pray for us as we continue to reach souls for Christ.